1. Please treat the physicians and our office staff with the same respect that you expect to be treated with. We will not tolerate verbal abuse of our staff.
2. We ask that you always call for an appointment. We will make every effort to allow you to see your physician at each office visit. However, you may be asked to see a nurse practitioner or another physician if your physician is unavailable. This includes after hours and weekends, during which time our physicians rotate coverage. Your care is very important, and your physician will be made aware of any contact with a provider other than your own at the next available opportunity.
3. Please be prompt for your visit. We ask that you be present 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. Please have your health insurance information available to present to our receptionist and notify us immediately of any changes in insurance coverage, address, or phone number. If you are more than 15 minutes late, you may be asked to reschedule. While we ask that you be prompt, we will do our very best to see you as close to your scheduled appointment time as possible. Please understand, however, that hospital emergencies do occur, and your physician may be unavoidably detained.
4. If your insurance requires a co-pay, your co-pay will be collected prior to seeing the provider. If payment is not received at the time of the visit, a $5.00 service charge will be added. For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your account, please contact our Business Office at (716) 298-5829. Often, a simple telephone call is all it takes to clarify any billing issues you may have.
5. Because your appointment time has been reserved for you, if you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment, we ask that you cancel with at least 24 hours notice so we may offer this appointment time to another patient who may need to be seen. If the appointment has not been canceled, and you do not show up, you will be charged a $25.00 "no-show fee." These charges are not covered by insurance and are due payable prior to any further appointments. Our office staff or answering machine will note the date and time of your call. In the event that you must cancel and cannot reach the office personnel, please leave a message with our answering service or on our voicemail system. No fee will be charged if your call is received within the above time frame.
6. All medication refills must be called in prior to 2:00 p.m. each Friday. No medications will be refilled again until Monday morning. Please plan accordingly.
7. At least one of our physicians is available 24 hours each day. If you have called one of the physicians and require a return phone call, this will be handled as quickly as possible. Please, calls made after hours or on weekends are for emergencies only. Routine calls should be made during normal business hours. If you have caller ID, please turn it off, or we will not be able to return your call.
8. For all disability patients:
- There is a $5.00 fee ($10.00
as of 7/1/2015) every time disability paperwork needs to be filled out. The paperwork will not be completed until the office staff has received this fee. If your paperwork is completed during a visit specifically scheduled for your disability, this fee is waived.
- There is a $10.00 fee ($25.00
as of 7/1/2015) for the completion of an initial FMLA form, $10.00 for subsequent forms and $10.00 ($15.00
as of 7/1/2015) for Combined Life forms.
- Your paperwork will be processed on a first come, first serve basis. We will require 10 days to process the paperwork. Please plan accordingly.
9. The responsibility for payment for services rendered to any dependent children whose parents are divorced rests with the parent who seeks treatment. Any court ordered responsibility judgment must be agreed upon between the individuals involved without the inclusion of our office.
10. All cosmetic procedures will require payment prior to the procedure itself. If the procedure requires a higher fee to compensate for unexpected or unusual time or effort involved, the difference between the amount pre-paid and the remaining balance is due within 30 days of the procedure.